|author||Leah Neukirchen <email@example.com>||2018-02-01 22:29:06 +0100|
|committer||Leah Neukirchen <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2018-02-01 22:29:06 +0100|
README: recommend borg over attic
1 files changed, 6 insertions, 3 deletions
@@ -57,7 +57,7 @@ on two days:
Obviously, there are many similar scripts, among which I have used
dirvish and rsnapshot before writing rdumpfs for keeping daily dumps.
-Currently I use rdumpfs and attic.
+Currently I use rdumpfs and borg.
* dirvish: Requires Perl with non-standard libraries. Cannot continue
partial backups. Complex configuration. No push backup.
@@ -78,13 +78,16 @@ Currently I use rdumpfs and attic.
* rsback: Requires Perl. No date-based directory naming.
* attic: Requires Python. Backups are not kept accessible in the
+ file system. Unmaintained.
+* borg: Requires Python. Backups are not kept accessible in the
file system. Else highly recommended.
== When not use rdumpfs?
-* You want encrypted backups (try attic, duplicity).
+* You want encrypted backups (try borg, duplicity).
* You need incremental backups on a higher granularity than files (try
- attic, bup, vac, dar).
+ borg, bup, vac, dar).
* Your target doesn't support hardlinks/SSH/rsync (try duplicity).
* You want automatic expiry (try dirvish).